post

Lately I’ve been so busy with my day job and different market venues I haven’t had a lot of time to write about the things I love doing. Mostly because well I am doing what I love doing outside my day life. So I thought I would share and add to my love of burning. Oh here she goes again with the burning. I swear I will write a more in depth article about it at a later date.
If you are going to market yourself and your art, (what ever it might be). Sometimes you have to go with the flow. You can still make it your own but find out what is a good project that will produce some earnings and also make people aware of who you are.
As you know I frequent our local farmers market and with the Christmas season coming fast upon us I have a few things on the go and thought I’d share this one first first since I have a couple ready for this coming market.

I decided to make a few bottle openers with catchers.  I chose my pallet boards, sanded and cut them to length.  They are not all the same length but to make good use out of a board and for this project they didn’t need to be.  Once done I used my small Burnsomatic to burn the boards.  Here’s a sample of one of the boards burned, cut and one end stained.

burned-and-stained-wood-grain

I decided I wanted to add the cap catchers as well.  I was looking around for something I already had that I could repurpose.  I found one of my hubby’s cigar boxes and a citronella tin.  The bottle openers I found on line.  For me the best pricing was Amazon but being in Canada sometimes our choices are limited with delivery and exchange.

I also have a large number of various coasters from Europe and from some Provincial Breweries.  I thought I would use some of these as well.  My first board I chose my coaster and used Mod Podge to glue and seal it onto the board.  A couple coats of Mod Podge later I then sealed the whole board with Varathane.  I used a semi gloss out door varathane to protect it as well as make it easy to wipe down.  I used the old tin on this one as the cap catcher.  I wanted to make it removable for ease of emptying.  My hubby helped me with the cuts.  I also gave the inside of the tin a spray with Rustoleum to clean it up and protect it a bit more.

I attached my opener and catcher and all was done.  The other one with the cigar box turned out nice as well.

no-winers-bottle-opener-front-viewcafe-noir-bottle-opener

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *